Hi there everyone!~ We hope you've all been having a wonderful summer so far ❤
We're very happy to announce that CuteCritters
will be holding a fun summer contest for everyone to take part in. Many of you have probably seen all the various palette challenges that have been circulating recently and we shall be holding one of our own with a little twist!
This contest will hopefully push artistic boundaries and is a great exercise on using colours efficiently as well as beautifully, and of course, be a lot of fun~ All the info can be found under the line of stars. If you have the time please do thank the amazing generosity of all our prize donors as well ❤
~AngelosDue Date: August 9th 2014 Submit Entries [HERE] About:
- create a summer themed picture, but there's a catch:
- a limited palette [4-7] colours created by yourself
must be used!
- focus is put on creating something from an "unlikely" or "strange" palette; picks colours you wouldn't expect together but make them work
ex. the sky doesn't have to be blue, the grass doesn't have to be green; make us go "Wow! How'd they make this using that
- regular rules
are of course in effect
- one entry per person, you may switch your entry before the due date
- no more than 7 colours are to be used in the palette; blending colours/"painting" is ok!
i.e. different hex values = different colour, if traditional no more than 7 colour pencils/tubes of paint/etc.
- palette used should be shown in a decorative manner on the entry or more plainly in a separate place such as a sta.sh link in the description
- if entry is digital no special layer effects
such as multiply, overlay, etc. may be used; transparency/opacity is ok!
- palette should be created by the contestant; don't use sites such as COLOURlovers! Anyone who is found to have used such sites will be disqualified.
- be respectful to other contestants and the judges
- art must be entirely
made by the contestant
- let people know your entry is for CuteCritters
's Unlikely Palettes Summer Contest in the description c:
- Challenge yourself, grow as an artist, and above all: HAVE FUN!~ ❤Judging:
- the palette you made: how "unlikely"/"strange" it is, how well you applied it to make your picture, creativity
- effort, visual appeal, and cuteness
- summery themed/feel to the picturePrizes:
donations are welcome! you may donate and still enter
- 3 week feature in our Featured folder [winning entry + 4 other pics]
- 1 month sub from Kuitsumi
- 1 month sub from Heyriel
- Digital Fullbody w/ simple BG + Digital Chibi [or equivalent/lesser value] from Ange-ll-os
- Shaded fullbody like this
- Shaded fullbody from Nai-Alei
- 2 week feature in our Featured folder [winning entry + 3 other pics]
- Digital Chibi + Animated Pixel Icon [or equivalent/lesser value] from Ange-ll-os
- Cell-shaded headshot from Ranohara
- Digital Tiny OR Animated Pixel Icon from Ange-ll-os
- your entry + 1 other pic featured in a mass feature on Ange-ll-os
' journal for 2 weeksHelp? Questions?
Submission problems? Typo? Need clarification? Ask away in comments!Submissions to the folder for entries should be good, but if you still have trouble submitting please leave a comment here and an admin will help as soon as they can!